Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas photos

Well... Christmas was great! Our feast was delicious, and the table decorations (which I was a little worried about) came out fine. My sister braved the prickly holly and fir branches, and the flower arrangement looked stunning. I think the greenry really completed the decorations. I think everyone thought I was a little crazy when I said I was going to drape the table cloth overlay from the window sill, but they seemed to agree that it came out okay. The picture doesn't really show it properly, but there were little fairly lights and tinsel under the overlay, giving everything a magical sparkly effect.

The food preparation was a little disorganized with the "Weber"ed turkey finishing unexpectedly early, before we had even begun to do the vegetables, but everything tasted delicious. We even found time for everyone to get dressed up quickly before the meal. My sister and I had bought some dresses a while back and had had no occasion to wear them, so it was fun to get dressed up for a change. My dad decided to play along and got out his bow tie, and Granny looked stylish in her velvet jacket!

We were so full after the starters and main course, that we decided to have a break, and only ended up having the pudding at about 2am!!! After that, and a little cleaning of the kitchen, it was an exhausted family that collapsed into their beds. What a fabulous day!...

No comments: