Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Get to Work Green

Today, as an environmentally friendly initiative, our office were encouraged to cycle to work. Rosie and I did a practice run last night, which was totally exhausting. We got a little lost along the way through the cycle paths, and it took us 40min to get to the office. The trip home was shorter at about 30min, but by the end I was extremely sweaty and pretty exhausted.

This morning was much more difficult as I was still half asleep ad exhausted from the double run the previous evening!!! Of course I cycle slower than a snail (and they don't have any legs to pedal), so Rosie left me far behind as she powered on listening to her mp3 player!! I chose to rather take it slow, and not arrive at work too drained. It was terriby embarrassing cycling past all the school kids, who must have thought I was totally hopeless, but at least I can say I did it!!.... Check out how far I cycled in the expanded text...


As I write this I am dreading the cycle home.... Rosie has already left work, so I will be alone the whole way, and I'm feeling tired just thinking about it!!!!

No comments: