Photos
Photos in UK
Christmas in SA
Family at Mbona
Claude's Birthday
Ramsgate
The buildup to Christmas in the UK was really cool. Being in a cold place somehow made Christmas feel like you always imagine it should... I'll have to try a cold Christmas one day, but I think I might miss my family too much!!
Back in SA, the Christmas was super busy but it was wonderful to be back with my family.
I had a stop start trip with initial delays due to fog and confusion with my booking causing me to miss my connection in Joburg. Luckily Betrand came to my rescue and took me for lunch at the local casino. It was great to catch up.
Ellena saved all her shopping for me to help her with, so the day after my arrival I had to brace myself for the crowds at Gateway and Ellena driving my car! I survived!
Christmas day was cool with yummy food as usual, even though we were all a bit behind schedule and ate very late!!
New Year was quiet (I'm getting old) but good as I got to spend time with my fmaily again.
On the 2nd we went up to Mbona to meet up with my cousins and aunt. The cottage was being rennovated (new roof) so unfortuantely no one could stay over, but we had loads of fun picnicing by the Lake. It was amazing to see how much Kevyn, Kayla and Jenna have grown!!
After the festive season I was kept busy sorting out DWAF admin and visiting all my Durban friends. Met up with Nuala, Vicki, Meeressa, Tanja, James, Mark, Bridget, etc... I miss you guys!!
We also got to go to the birthday party of an old family friend (Claude Pillay). It was really fun. Police had to come and get us to turn the music off!!
Before going back to the cold, my parents took me on a day drive down the coast to enjoy a bit of beach and sunshine. Unfortunately the weather didn't give us amazing sunshine, but the beach was still nice. We went to Ramsgate.
All too soon it was time to climb back on the plane and go back to Peterborough. :(
Friday, January 19, 2007
Christmas
Posted by
Anon
at
1/19/2007 03:38:00 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment