Friday, October 19, 2007
Rugby World Cup final 2007
I'll be going along to a party with some of Dave's school friends. See invite below:
"Ladies, Gentlemen and Australians,
It has been 4498 long days since the Springboks last contested a World Cup Final.
Many things have changed since that heady sun kissed day in 1995. (The 24th June 1995 to be precise)
We are in a different country and some of you have gained partners, spouses, grey hair and weight.
I just have the grey.
I well remember celebrating the last World Cup victory with a glass of champagne and a tear. I hope to do the same again.
This time around I may have a few more beers during the game.
The gentlemen and lady of The Farm in conjunction with Badger Productions Limited cordially invite you to view the match with us and imbibe of the amber nectar whilst doing so.
You are all on a select list as only so many people can fit in The Farm. Therefore please go easy on bringing your 87 housemates and assorted drunks you find on the way.
We bounced Bob Skinstad from our last house party so don’t think the same won’t happen to the uninvited this time around.
We will be braaing regardless of weather so please bring meat if you want to eat.
There are 2 ½ fridges so enough room for all the beer and other drinks you wish to bring with you.
The Badger and I have purchased ourselves a Carlsberg Draughtmaster and are open to negotiations if people would like to have draught beer.
Major credit cards accepted.
If you are not going to make an effort and wear Springbok gear I hear there are many wonderful pubs in your area where you can watch the game.
Most importantly learn this and learn it well.
Nkosi sikelel' iAfrika
Maluphakanyisw' uphondo lwayo,
Yizwa imithandazo yethu,
Nkosi sikelela, thina lusapho lwayo.
Morena boloka setjhaba sa heso,
O fedise dintwa la matshwenyeho,
O se boloke,
O se boloke setjhaba sa heso,
Setjhaba sa South Afrika - South Afrika.
Uit die blou van onse hemel,
Uit die diepte van ons see,
Oor ons ewige gebergtes,
Waar die kranse antwoord gee,
Sounds the call to come together,
And united we shall stand,
Let us live and strive for freedom,
In South Africa our land.
Allez le Vert et Or"
Posted by
Anon
at
10/19/2007 04:07:00 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment