So much for my proposed overseas trip in July... Due to complications it just didn't happen! Now I am hoping to go in September.
The plan is to go over to the UK, spend a couple of days in London and then head off on a Contiki European Vista tour.
Link to European Vista Contiki Tour Info
The plan is to go over to the UK, spend a couple of days in London and then head off on a Contiki European Vista tour.
Link to European Vista Contiki Tour Info
This is a 21 day tour travelling through mainly France, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands. I'm really excited, but totally terrified as well! All the planning involved is daunting, and we won't even mention the costs!! If only I lived in a 1st-world country and was earning a 1st-world salary... I was reading on a message forum how people were budgeting on 100 Euros spending money per day. At the current exchange rate to the ZA Rand, there is no way I can afford that! I'm hoping that these people are big drinkers and their budget is mostly for alcohol. Otherwise I'm gonna starve!!!!
After Contiki I'll be back in London for a few weeks to relax and attempt to get a taste of life in the UK. Hopefululy I'll get to see most of the sites and maybe even venture out to places like Cambridge and Stonehenge. Ideally I would go on a road trip all over the UK and do some family history research, but I think I'll have to save that for another trip. I'd also really would like to hear some authentic bagpipes played near a Scottish loch or castle, but that too will probably have to wait.
Anyway.... For now wish me luck with making my final decisions and booking my trip. Hears to "No Regrets"!
Contiki really is scaring me, particularly the fact that I'm probably going to be in Munich during Oktoberfest - I am predicting a tour crowd full of loud beer swilling guys - but I must be positive and remain open. I can't class my tour mates before I even meet them.
Anyway.... For now wish me luck with making my final decisions and booking my trip. Hears to "No Regrets"!

No comments:
Post a Comment