Friday, December 30, 2005

The Chatter-thon

When old friends get together, there is bound to be loads and loads to talk about, and this was definitely the case when I met up with three of my old school friends.

Annie, Ayanda, Roberta and I met for lunch today, and ended up jabbering away most of the afternoon. It was great to see them all and to catch up on everyone's news. Although I was at varsity with Annie, it was amazing to hear her tales (good and bad) about her year spent abroad (although a little scary considering I am about to embark on my own adventure in the UK). Ayanda and Roberta I had hardly seen since school so there was plenty of info to find out. We have all followed very different career paths and it was really cool hearing about each others jobs and social lives. An historian, tax consultant, veterinarian and civil engineer - Definitely an interesting mix! Isn't it great the way the world has changed!! Back in our parents day if we were educated (and not married at 18 with 3 children by the age of 24) we would most probably all have been either nurses or teachers!

We ate lunch at a trendy restuarant in Florida Road, and although the service was pretty slow, we hardly noticed!! The food was delicious and the decor was funky! At the end of the afternoon, I had to do the touristy thing and pull out my camera to take a few pics. Note that only Annie managed to perfect the Jessica Simpson chin!!

No comments: