This month has been fabulous for meeting up with friends. I saw quite a few varsity mates just before Christmas when James organised a lunch at Jack Rabbits. Nuala, Jack and Dirk have been around, and of course I have already posted about my meeting with my old school friends.
Yesterday, I met up with Annie and Roberta again. This time they came into town, and I walked to the Workshop to meet them for lunch at the Oriental. This is an established curry resturant which is well known in Durban. The aim of the luncheon, was for Annie and I to try a traditional bunny chow. However, I have to admit that I chickened out, after Meeressa terrified me with stories of how she cried because the breyani she ate there was so hot! Instead I had a shwarma, which was completely mild and totally delicious! I tasted Robby's mutton bunny, and I'm sure I could have handled, however, a 1/4 bunny really looked like way too much food, and the thought of a hot meal on such a sweltering day was most unappealing!
Lunch was good, and Terry (Annie's boyfriend) survived the girls chatter - I fear he may not have faired so well after I left, as Annie and Robby took him shoe shopping!! Unfortunately I had to return to the office, but lunch was a very pleasant distraction!!
I"m looking forward to the weekend and week ahead, as I should hopefully get to see Bridget, Nuala and Vicki. Yay!! Friends are good!
Lunch was good, and Terry (Annie's boyfriend) survived the girls chatter - I fear he may not have faired so well after I left, as Annie and Robby took him shoe shopping!! Unfortunately I had to return to the office, but lunch was a very pleasant distraction!!
I"m looking forward to the weekend and week ahead, as I should hopefully get to see Bridget, Nuala and Vicki. Yay!! Friends are good!

No comments:
Post a Comment