Yesterday evening the weather in Durban was insanely hot! As a result our family decided not to cook, but to head down to the waterfront (Wilson's Wharf) for supper. While standing pondering the beautiful view of the harbour, I was unpleasantly surprised by the feeling of something wet landing dead centre on top of head. Looking up in the hope that I had only imagined the feeling, I stared up at a large pigeon. The evil bird must have been sniggering at me and feeling very pleased with his perfect aim... Darn birds!
Anyway apparently bird droppings landing on you are supposed to bring good luck, so we shall see. Today, however, was not particularly lucky...
Anyway apparently bird droppings landing on you are supposed to bring good luck, so we shall see. Today, however, was not particularly lucky...
I was very glad when I heard that my good friend Bridget and her family were coming round for tea in the afternoon. However, in my excitement and eagerness to get home to meet them, and to avoid the stifling heat on the bus, I foolishly decided to get off the bus and take a fast walk home. Very dumb idea! While walking along the grassy pavement, I stumbled into a hole and twisted my ankle. Luckily I was able to hobble home, and I have spent my of the afternoon limping around with an icepack tied to my foot.
Tea with Bridget was cool, and in the evening Nuala and Dirk came round for coffee with the invalid, so I guess I can't really complain... It has basically been a good day!
Tea with Bridget was cool, and in the evening Nuala and Dirk came round for coffee with the invalid, so I guess I can't really complain... It has basically been a good day!

1 comment:
Unfortunately the bad luck continued... As I was writing the post, we discovered that my mom's purse was missing (with all her credit cards drivers licence, cheque book, etc...). I guess the lucky thing is that so far only a few fraudulent transactions have come through!
Post a Comment