Monday, March 06, 2006

Week 2 in Peterborough

Well, I'm just beginning Week 2, so I can't really make much comment, but things are still good at the moment.

Here is a peek as to what my office looks like



It's taken from my desk looking across at Chantelle's. Not much to see, but the chairs are comfy, the PC's are decent and the people are pretty quiet but friendly.

To hear about my weekend, expand the post...
Friday:
Exhausted after work, Fanny gave me a lift home and I collapsed on the couch at Rosie's where the two of us spent the evening watching TV. We were feeling so lazy that we didn't cook, but ordered Chinese instead. I know it's unhealthy, but it was Friday!!

There have been some interesting shows on tv over the weekend. There were two in the theme of Strictly Come Dancing - one called Just the Two of Us, where a celebrity sang with a professional singer, and another called Dancing on Ice, where a celebrity learned figureskating dancing with a professional (all coached by Torville and Dean). Some of them were really really good!

On Saturday I went shoping in Peterborough and explored the market (not much to see, basically a mini-flea market, not with trendy stuff like Essenwood though, just some clothes, tools, etc...). In the evening Fanny came around, and we watched a DVD. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a very strange film!!



On Sunday, I got up early and walked to the train station (1/2 hour walk along cycle path) where I caught a train into London. I got the slow train down, which took just under 1.5 hours. The view was really pretty (although I had a seat with the sun in my eyes), and the train passes through the countryside (flat and green) and stops at little country villages on the way.

Once I reaced London, the greenery was over, and it was onto the tubes and train to Dave's (I travelled for another 0.5 hour). I had lunch with Dave, and then headed back to the station and up to Peterborough. I caught the fast train back home, which was only 44min. Me and another girl accidentally sat in 1st Class, so I managed to get a free newspaper and glass of water before we were demoted to the std coaches. I'm definitely learning a lot about various forms of transport!! By the end of all that travelling I was totally exhausted, but yet again I didn't sleep very well. It's really funny I am waking up super early, going to bed quite late, and although I feel tired I can't really sleep. I haven't even felt drowsy in the office!!! Where is the old Deanne?

No comments: