Friday began with some hasty packing and Rosie and I then headed to ASDA for some last minute Easter egg shopping. She then dropped me at the station and headed up to Manchester. The train trip down to London was uneventful, but I was a bit depressed to leave sunny Peterborough when Dave called to warn me that I should let him know when I was arriving so he could be waiting at the station with an umbrella!!
Luckily by the time I arrived, the rain had virtually stopped, but I was still glad to have Dave meet me and help carry my bag, which was full of washing (owing to the broken washing machine) and Easter eggs!!
On Friday evening I went with Dave and his flatmates to "The Puzzle", a South African pub in Earlsfield. It was quite amazing to hear only South African accents, and both Dave and I bumped into people from school. Come on South Africans, go out and meet some people who are not from back home!!
Saturday was very quiet, starting with a delicious English breakfast (c/o Dave), then a bit of shopping in Wimbledon, followed by watching
Coast on TV. This was a really interesting documentary about the UK coastline. It looked at lots of interesting features, from social to historical to natural to technological, ast each of the many stops along the way.
Later on we had a very late dinner, cooked by Tamren - yummy roast chicken and veg, with lots of roast potatoes for Neil!!! Thanks!!
Easter Sunday started with chocolate and then a Continental breakfast, and then Dave and I headed out to his cousin's house for Easter Braai. Quite few of Dave's cousins and their friends were there and the weather held for a very enjoyable afternoon. The sole English and Aussie girls there were very amused by the South African's need to sit around and watch the coals, were horrified by the look of the boerewors, and not quite convinced when they were told it was suya wrapped in paper!!
Post-braai, feeling well and truely stuffed with meat and yummy salad, Dave and I had a very quiet evening.
Monday was another lazy day followed by another uneventful trip back to Peterborough. Somehow I think my bag got even heavier than on the trip down, and Dave had to lend me his set of wheels to drag it on. I must have been a very funny sight, wheeling my suitcase back home along the river!! It was so embarrassing, cos the wheels made an awful racket on the road!
Monday, April 24, 2006
Easter Weekend
Posted by
Anon
at
4/24/2006 03:55:00 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment