Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I could have danced all night

I had a lot of fun on my last official South African weekend. On Friday night I went out with my sister, Mark and co to Tiger Tiger. Having not been out jolling for months, it was a little scary trying to decide what to wear, but hopefully I didn't stick out as too unstylish!!

The music was quite cool and it was great partying with Mark, CLint, Genevieve and Ellena. Originally the plan was to come home at midnight, but we stayed on until after 2!! Quite hectic for old fogey me!!

On Saturday it was time for another farewell - this time aimed at family and family friends. We had it in the late afternoon, and the fare was a range of snacks (thanks Mom, Dad and Elle!!) along with some more pizzas. It was a really great evening and I got some stunning presents, and loads of useful advice. Aunty Maureen, Ann, Leon and Kevyn gave me a scarf and some snuggly woolly gloves. They look like teddy bear hands!! Claude, Jerome and family gave me a flash disk (inside a beautifully handmade box, with a cute hand-drawn card) which is going to be really really useful and I also got a calendar from the Spitaels. Boy am I really going to miss everyone!!

No comments: