Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Trip down to the sea and Arundel

Last weekend I was down in London, and instead of spending the whole weekend shopping, watching tv and eating (as usual) Dave and I decided to take a drive. He had the company car for the weekend, so we took a drive down the A3 heading for the coast. Arrived at Hayling Island to find a cold wind whipping over the invting shingle beach, and chickened out!! We headed to the village of Arundel (that I had visited when my family came over), and took a casual stroll around the town before selecting a hotel pub for a late lunch/early dinner. Mom you will be pleased to know that I had a very small piece of salmon, with loads of veggies (asparagus, peppers and new potatoes!!) Dave had a lamb shank which tasted divine.... No I am not (too) jealous!!

1 comment:

David said...

Yip, although I think it was my first Lamb Shank (shock, horror...) I think it may be quite hard to beat!!!